Caring and Inclusion
170. We will continue to strengthen community and residential care services as well as social work services to support the elderly, persons with disabilities and children, involving an additional annual expenditure of over $1.9 billion.
171. On residential care services, we will regularise three pilot schemes, namely the Pilot Scheme on Multi‑disciplinary Outreaching Support Teams for the Elderly, the Pilot Scheme on Residential Care Service Voucher for the Elderly and the Pilot Scheme on Professional Outreaching Teams for Private Residential Care Homes for Persons with Disabilities. We will also allocate additional resources to upgrade the standard of EA2 homes under the Enhanced Bought Place Scheme.
172. On community care services, we will regularise the Pilot Scheme on Home Care and Support for Elderly Persons with Mild Impairment and the speech therapy service of the Enhanced Home and Community Care Services, so as to help the elderly in need age in place.
173. On the provision of additional welfare facilities, we will set up seven contract residential care homes in the Multi‑welfare Services Complex, which is near completion, at Kwu Tung North NDA, as well as a new contract residential care home under the development project at Queen's Hill in Fanling. In addition, a neighbourhood elderly centre, a special child care centre and an early education and training centre will also be set up in Area 54, Tuen Mun to provide community support and training services for the elderly, carers of elderly persons and children with special needs in the area.
174. We will also regularise the Pilot Scheme on Social Work Service for Pre‑primary Institutions to facilitate early identification of and provision of assistance to pre‑primary children and their families with welfare needs. Moreover, persons with disabilities receiving subsidised residential care and community rehabilitation services will be provided with soft meals from October this year onwards to cater for the needs of users with a swallowing problem.
|Previous Page | Content | Next Page|